28 April 2008

And so it begins.

(And it'll continue each week. Wednesday I'll get up the first taste of what this blog is about.)

But before that's up, I'd like to touch on the themes of the blog, the things that make roleplaying games fun. That usually isn't the rules, although bad rules can make a game less fun. The two main themes for any roleplaying session should be conflict and drama, be it heroic combat or political scheming, and the tone of how each is carried out.

To make things easier, posts will specifically cover one or both of these things, identifying my ideas as "Character-Conflict Driven" or "Dramatic-Development Play." They'll focus on good (or bad) ways to introduce and sustain conflict, or stylistically present the game in your session.

Your comments are welcome! The reasons why you agree (or disagree!) could shape future posts. While this isn't an open forum (I'll admit, I hope to convince people my way is right) we'll all benefit from a greater understanding of what we like and how we want to like it.

No comments: